MALL OF QATAR
The campaign’s aim was reflecting the mall’s value proposition in providing a great customer experience, care and service in return of increasing the Mall’s customer loyalty.
Main focus points:
• Increasing Mall of Qatar’s customer spends
• Highlight the ROI element among customers:
shop for an insignificant amount and get the chance to win a luxurious car (BMW or Mini Cooper) in return.
• Increase traffic to the mall
• Increase reach and number of followers
Explaining the participation and draw entry process simply and straightforwardly to Mall of Qatar’s audience through the different social media platforms was a primary challenge. The campaign’s participation process was first communicated through each post’s captions and later on developed in an animated video.
The campaign’s primary message was to position the Mall of Qatar as the ultimate destination for shopping and winning. We used an inviting yet alarming tone, with a call to action like “Shop today!” to invite visitors every week to shop and participate in the weekly raffle draw and not miss out on their chance to win.
To increase the campaign’s awareness and exposure all over Qatar, we contacted Qatar-based influencers to spread the word about the campaign on their Instagram and Snapchat platforms.
With social distancing and Covid-19 precautions being the new norm, it was essential to focus our message on inviting people to shop at the mall and exchange their coupons rather than promote the event and break the Ministry of Health’s guidelines.
Mall of Qatar
Qataris, since the mall entails a luxury area of different cafés, restaurants and high-end luxury brands, in addition to Al Rayyan Hotel.
Families, other than it considered to be the mall’s biggest target audience, the presence of Al Rayyan Hotel makes it an easy target since it is a family-orieneted hotel and guests tend to spend their time mainly at Mall of Qatar
• Facebook & Instagram: 8,000,000 impressions
• Twitter: 1,500,000 impressions
• Snapchat: 1,300,000 impressions
• Google Search & Display: 4,000,000 impressions
• Programmatic Advertising: 400,000 impressions
• YouTube: 1,500,000 impressions
• Duration: October 1st – January 14th (3 months and a half)
The tone of voice: Cheerful, Lively, Approachable & Informative
Language used: 50% English & 50% Arabic
Video content remains to be the most appealing content format to the audience. Hence, our videographers produced different videos to cover the raffle draws, recaps, winner announcements, mall experience, prizes, etc.
Insights / Results:
• Twitter: 1,800,000 impressions
• Snapchat: 1,700,000 impressions
• Google Search & Display: 1,600,000 impressions
• Programmatic Advertising: 600,000 impressions
• YouTube: 2,000,000 impressions